Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation connecting people all over Western Australia with information and services so they can make independent and informed decisions.
We provide information and referral, a low-cost legal advice service on a wide range of issues, and a mediation service.
The first CAB was created in England in response to the prospect of world war. Volunteers dealt with problems ranging from the loss of ration books, homelessness and evacuation. They also helped locate missing relatives and prisoners of war.
In 1963, Mrs G Rushton initiated the opening of the CAB of WA. The service, similar to its counterpart in England, focused on linking people in their respective communities with required information.
Services we offer
- Free information on a wide range of issues
- Low-cost Legal Advice
- Low-cost mediation & dispute resolution
- Free Tax Help (July-October)
- Assistance with WA NILS (No Interest Loan Scheme) applications
- Justice of the Peace
- Probate Assistance
- Preparation of Family Court documents
- Letters of Administration
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Enduring Powers of Guardianship